- Improving facilities on a regular basis ensures that wasteful and non-efficient facilities are either repaired or removed and replaced.
- We support local business and ensure that the majority of our turnover remains in County by employing local people, using local contractors for all refurbishments and supporting local businesses for purchasing and services.
- All of our staff are made fully aware of our ethos when joining the company and are encouraged to join our Green Team. We have a nominated environmental team who have undergone a BTEC in Sustainable Tourism.
- Holywell Bay Golf Club complies with all relevant legislation and regulations that relate to health, safety and the environment and to any other requirements or guidelines to which the family attraction subscribes.
As a Cornish Company we are passionate about our local, natural environment and are committed to improving our environmental performance by:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and industry codes of practice
- Actively working towards reducing environmental impact and prevent pollution that occurs as a result of our operation
- Considering the concerns of interested parties such as guests, members, local residents, employees and regulators
- Setting objectives and targets to drive continual improvement programmes, and regularly review environmental performance to ensure success
- Ensuring all employees and sub contractors are aware of this policy and trained in their environmental responsibilities
- Engaging suppliers and guests in environmental initiatives which support the environmental aims of the company
- Making this policy available to our customers and the public on demand
This policy will be implemented within the framework of an Environmental Management System designed to meet the requirements of BS8555.
We actively support the local environment, economic and social communities. By investing in our family attraction and constantly improving facilities on a regular basis, we ensure that wasteful and non-efficient facilities are either repaired or removed and replaced with efficient and waste / energy minimising models. Over the last few years we have been pro-actively monitoring and reducing our energy consumption. We have invested a large amount of money purchasing efficient equipment and training our staff to use them resourcefully.
What can you do?
In return for our commitment we ask you, our visitors, to also do your bit and join us in trying to make our Golf Club an environmentally friendly place to stay by following these five steps to being a sustainable visitor.
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Recycle your used newspapers, magazines, cans and plastic bottles in the bins provided around the hotel.
2. Get out of the car! Enjoy a whole host of local attractions and days out using public transport.
3. Stay Local, Eat Local, Buy Local, See Local
4. Turn off – remember to turn off the taps when you’re not using them and remove your key cards from the electricity activation system when leaving your room.
5. Follow the Countryside Code
We are committed to buying local produce and using Cornish suppliers.
Whilst you are here, why not visit a local farm shop for fresh, local produce:
Healey’s Cyder Farm, Penhallow. Tel: 01872 573356
Bre-Pen Farm Shop, Mawgan Porth. Tel: 01637 860420
Padstow Farm Shop, Trethillick Farm, Padstow Tel: 01841 533060
Carruan Farm Centre, St Minver, Wadebridge. Tel: 01208 869584
Great Gargus Farm, Tregony, Truro Tel: 01872 530274
It has become clear that all of us need to make our best effort to reduce our dangerous carbon emissions created from day to day life. However, it is equally clear that it is not going to be possible for any resident in the UK to completely eliminate their personal carbon footprint this is where carbon offsetting comes in.
Carbon offsetting works by helping both individuals and businesses to assess their carbon footprint, then invest in projects around the world that save the emissions of, or absorb, an equivalent amount of CO2. Through this process, they balance out their unavoidable carbon emissions and become CarbonZero.